Saturday, September 5, 2009

The Vortex


My friend and I went downtown Atlanta today for dinner and decided to go to the Vortex ! I ate at this restaurant a few years back and the food was okay, but I gave them another chance today. We walked in and they said the wait would be about 15 minutes or so and we said that was fine. They called my name fairly quick and as we walked up the lady that I am assuming was the manager said "follow me". She took us upstairs and outside and didn't even ask us if we wanted to be seated outside. When it's hot outside it's best to ask your customers if they would like to be seated inside or outside. That was the first strike against the Vortex.

The menu was plain boring ! They basically just had a bunch of different hamburgers on the menu and they randomly serve breakfast all day which just consists of omelets. In the middle of the menu they have a set of "Vortex Rules" very random. It said something about a no whining rule and it went on to say please do not whine if your neighbor is to loud or drunk and if you feel like you need to control your environment at all times then you need to stay home. Second strike.

The icing on the cake was when we were served our nasty cheeseburgers which tasted like charcoal all of sudden over the intercom we hear an angry voice. I am assuming it was the lady that seated us and she said " We all know Michael Jackson is gone but by playing his music over and over again it will not bring him back, so PLEASE stop playing his music on our jukebox." My friend and I looked at each other and said " WOW " ! That was strike three for me ! Plus on top of all that the service sucked !

You never know who is sitting in your restaurant so you should always have good service and be polite and that should be an automatic !

No comments:

Post a Comment