It was an incredibly fun night !! I was dressed up as a rock star with the colorful streaks in my hair and my friend with the pink bunny suit wore a fake booty pad ..haha ! Those where the good old party days !! It is fun to reminisce from time to time !! Happy Halloween people !!
Thursday, October 29, 2009
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
I really enjoy making greeting cards and this year I made some really cute Halloween cards & invitations that I wanted to share with you all.
I love this card but I didn't send any out this year to any of my friends !
This is the card with the envelope..I heart these envelopes .. so cute !
And the last one is an invitation I made !! Sorry about the pictures being a little blurry I took them with my iphone. I have a few more cards in my etsy shop they are really cute too !
Monday, October 26, 2009
I had a lot going on this weekend ! I met up with my friend Sonam for some cocktails over the weekend and we were setting there catching up having a good conversation and out of the blue this complete random chic walks up to us and says..
Random : Can I sit here with you guys ? I am waiting on a friend to arrive and I don't want to sit at the bar by myself !
Us : Um..Okay
Random : Hi, my name is Meridith, Whats your name ?
Us : Ashley and Sonam
Random : Sorry, you guys can continue talking.
Us: " looking at each other ..like, why us ?"
Side Note : My cheese sticks arrived at the table and I said to Sonam and the random " please help me eat these I am not going to eat all of them. "
Random : Shaking her head as she blows smoke right on the cheese sticks and in Sonam's face.
Me : Sooooo... Sonam what else is going on ?
Sonam : (Trying not to laugh) Umm nothing.
Sonam : (talking to random ) So is your friend going to come ?
Random : Umm, I don't know I just moved here and I used to work with her and I haven't seen her in a year.
Sonam : Wow, So you haven't seen her in one year ?
Random : No, as she looks at her phone and says, I don't think she is going to come.
Me : OK, So how is everything Sonam ?
Random : She starts eating the cheese sticks...just eating them and blowing smoke out of her mouth at the same time.
Side Note : She didn't even ask if she can have any she just started eating it.
Then all of sudden she gets up with out saying hey thanks for letting me sit her. She just got up and walks across to the bar to this random looking dirty guy. She looks back at us and says, " Do you guys even remember my name..and I said "Meridith ?" Sonam looked at me and said " I was going to say Melody ! " Then she turned around and rolled her eyes and looks right back and says he doesn't believe I just met you guys ?! Sonam and I said "Okay ?"
Then we finished are drinks and noticed she was having a grand old time with this random dirty guy at the bar. Needless to say her friend never showed up. We got up and bolted out of that place !
Is it me or was that twilightish !!
One Last Side Note : We never figured out if her name was Meridith or Melody ! LOL
Friday, October 23, 2009
Hey please click on the link above to listen to my special thank you to the blogs I am passing the Best Blog Award to !
- To accept the award, post it on your blog together with the name of the person who has granted the award and his/her blog link.
- Pass the award to 15 other blogs that you have recently discovered and think are great! Remember to contact the bloggers to let them know they have been chosen for this award.
I don't have 15 blogs to give this to so I am going to revise my award to my Top 5 and they are in no particular order :
- My little sister...who I like to call little J ...My Life with all the fufula ( She just got married earlier this year and has posted pictures from her wedding & is planning there one year anniversary to France...and has a cute little thing called France Friday's..stop by and say hi..even though she hasn't posted in 4 weeks she is still there and is planning on posting soon. I love you little J !)
- My Life in Purple ... I am so glad I discovered the young lady from my life in purple..because I love her blog ...and it's so cute how she calls her boo.."Mr. Big " Love that !
- Sassy Chica ...is all things fabulous ! I love her sassiness and just the way she is able to catch her audience in her posts is amazing ! Thank you for all your uplifting and inspiring posts !
- The Luckiest Mrs. .. is all things girly and southern ! Mrs. and Mr. are so adorable ! When I discovered her blog I sat down over a few days and read the whole thing ! Her story is just too adorable and I absolutely love her blog !
- Mama's Kat's Losin It .. Mama Kat is like a web celeb. Love her..she is funny and she puts a smile on my face from day to day ! Thank you Mama Kat !
P.S...Please listen to the post listed above titled TweetMic...I have a special message for you all
I am sorry I do not have more blogs to pass this forward to but these 5 blogs are the ones I look at first when I log on every day, so thank you and I hope you all pass this forward !
I do have one more award from the lovely Kathie at Net Finds to pass forward to all my followers and that is ...
This award goes out to all my followers I appreciate you all so much and I would like to thank you all for all your comment love and support..your the best ! So grab this Icing On The Cake Award and pass it along to all your followers !!
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
OK So my list used to be longer...but to me this season of TV shows are sort of boring so I am sticking with a few favorites I have had for years.
- Grey's Anatomy --I have stuck with them through all of there drama on and off set over the years and I still like the show, I just hope they up the drama before the end of the year. I heard from a little birdie that Mark and Lexie will have a little drama going on so we shall see.
- Ugly Betty -- The show is hilarious and I love it. I don't know what happened and why it comes on now on Friday nights. Everyone knows what that means it must be on it's way out. They have had some really strange story lines lately and some of the major characters have left but it is still set on my tivo for every Friday night !
- Millionaire MatchMaker -- Absolutely love that show, I have learned quite a bit from watching Patti ! She keeps it real and I follower her on Twitter and she tweeted they are currently taping season 3 now ! Hooray ! Now if I can only find a millionaire ?!?!!
Ok so really I just have a top 3 list and the others are just shows I watch and I still have seasons of shows on my tivo I haven't really watched yet..so I can only say that I watched a show here and there ! So let me give you the last two that I have watched a few episodes of and the they would be....
- Kathy Griffin My Life On The D List ..Her show is funny ! She cracks me up each episode I have watched so far but this season I wasn't really that invested.
- Miami Social... Good show I have the whole season on Tivo and I still have to catch up on it but really it's just a bunch of 30 somethings acting like they are 20 something but the drama is funny !
Monday, October 19, 2009
I can't wait to let you guys know about the details of my very first giveaway. I can tell you all that it will run the first week in November ! It's gonna be a couple of my favorite things and hopefully by then my new fancy blog design will be done with a tool bar and all !! I can't wait ! I will also give you a hint for an extra entry...tweet, tweet,tweet !! Follow me on Twitter !
Happy Monday People
Sunday, October 18, 2009
I also got a chance to catch up with my friend Pinky over the weekend. If you have been following my blog for awhile...you will know that I give updates on my friend Pinky from time to time. She only dates people that are in the "industry" When I say in the industry..I mean football players,basketball players and musicians. The story line is quite juicy if I must say so myself. If you haven't caught up on those stories you must do so. She actually has a big announcement that she would like to share and I will be doing a Vblog about that soon. Stay tuned because it's juicy ! I am going to go back to enjoying my lazy Sunday.
Thursday, October 15, 2009
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
I heart this deep plum color ..which is next on my list !
I have to have my hot chocolate in the fall..so yummy !
And last but certainly not least..my burberry scarf always matches my colorful collection of pea coats !
Monday, October 12, 2009
I am not a chef so first mental note to self :
- check to make sure you have all the ingredients instead of mentally going through the cabinets in your head.
Once I had all the ingredients my play niece, I call her "punkin " and I started preparing everything. It was fun and they actually came out really good. I let my parents try them and they even liked it ! I was proud of myself.
I picked the prettiest looking ones because most of them got stuck to the mini muffin pan. Second mental note to self :
- Do not let a 6 year old grease the mini muffin pan !
Punkin and I did a really good job and she absolutely loved them. I must admit I do not like to cook but I am getting practice in for when I finally do become a wife to my lovely boyfriend.
Friday, October 9, 2009
I tried to avoid doing what I call another "working vacation" but for some reason it has been my thing the last few years..and going to a few different states in 5 days is going to be work ! I am up for the challenge. I grew up in Pa and going to New York was a regular thing for me, but my boyfriend and my best friend live up there so I am happy I get to celebrate with them !
I am also going to be doing a giveaway soon because it is my birthday month next month so I will be announcing all the details for that soon enough ! Happy Friday people and have a nice cocktail tonight because you made it through the week..hehehe !
Tuesday, October 6, 2009
Monday, October 5, 2009
The last 2 days I have taken my spare time to try and upload my first Vblog/ I have movie maker Vista on my computer and I can honestly say I didn't realize how hard it is to edit a 2 minute video clip. I had every intention on uploading it this evening but I am still trying to figure it out. You would think they would make these sort of things really simple just a click of a button (ya I wish). My eyes are blurry because I have been sitting here for a couple of hours and now I am sleepy so I will figure this out tomorrow and hopefully have the vblog up by the evening sometime !!
Sweet Dreams xoxo
Friday, October 2, 2009
These last couple of days at work have been insane ! I can't stand my job or most of the people I work with. When you work in a small office there is always someone that will hate on your progress and try and bring you down. I on the other hand have strong faith that there will be doors opening for me soon. I have to step out on faith ! Next month is my birthday and I think it is time to take real risks ! The next couple of months and going into the new year I am going to make some HUGE changes. I want to go back to college and start a real career path and as long as I let fear hold me back I will remain where I am . I am officially putting it on the record that there is NO more fear and it is all FAITH !! I believe in me and I know I can do this. I am really going to take some time this weekend and look into what school I would like to attend and make some real changes !!
Happy Friday to you all and remember it all starts with you !!