Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Barbie Has Everything

Do you remember the good old days when all you had to worry about was coming home from school to find out your little sister was playing with your Barbie dolls ? I was a very girly little girl ! (you probably can't tell ) ;) My number one favorite toy as a child was Barbie. I love Barbie and I had everything for her. What made me think about Barbie and all of her glory was because I went into my attack and found all of my barbies and my old school Barbie Winnebago ! Boy that brought back memories. I don't even know how many Barbie dolls I have but I have a lot ! I played with all white Barbie dolls and I only had maybe 2 or 3 black ones. The reason why is because back in the 80's all the black Barbie dolls looked the same to me and I wanted them to be different !

What a modern Barbie on a Vespa !



Anything Barbie didn't have she has today. I had so many idea's for Barbie. I would always tell my mom the different things Barbie needed. If she would have listened to me we would have been millionaires because all of my ideas, they came out with over time. Nowadays I don't know to many little girls that are obsessed with Barbie the way I was. I always said if I did happen to meet a little girl that loved her as much as I did, I would ask her what she thought Barbie needed so I can write Mattel ! ( hey don't judge.. I want a childhood dream to come true ) That's right I want to be able to say I came up with that idea !! Anyway I finally met a little girl this past weekend that absolutely positively loves all things Barbie !! She is 4 years old and as cute as a button. She has like 5 Barbie cars and hundreds of Barbies literally hundreds, so being the smart business woman I am, I asked her " What sort of things do you think Barbie needs that she doesn't already have ?" She looked at me with her big bright eyes and said " Nothing, Barbie has everything ! " I wanted to cry and scream at the same time. I finally came to accept from the voice of a 4 year old child that has it all and would know what Barbie needs that Barbie has it all. Why me is what I want to know, Why ???? There goes my life long dream designing something for Mattel that Barbie needs. I don't want to bore you any longer about my deflated dream so enjoy your Tuesday ! By the way, what was your favorite toy as a child ? I think I will post something a little racy about toys pretty soon..so put your thinking caps on ..hehehe !

No comments:

Post a Comment