Friday, August 28, 2009

Part II Of My High School Sweet Heart

After we graduated from high school reality of what a relationship is all about sunk in for the first time. He graduated before me and opted not to go away to college, and when I graduated from high school things changed. My dad's job decided to relocate him to Georgia. That is a big change seeing that I grew up in Pennsylvania. I was sad to leave my boyfriend and all my friends but I was excited to see what the future had in store for me. That is how our long distance relationship was born ! We did the long distance relationship thing for two long years until he moved to Georgia. When he moved here we had been together for 6 years ! I was 21 and he was 23 years old at the time and when he moved we realized how we both grew into different people. He stayed in Georgia for one year and decided to move back to Pa. We split up for the next 4 years.


This is where it gets complicated. We didn't see or speak to each for the 4 years that we split up until he sent me an email and wished me a happy 25'th birthday. It was shocking to hear from him seeing that it had been so long since we spoke. I do know a little secret that he didn't think that I knew but for those 4 years that we didn't speak he would call my phone from a private number and not say anything at least once a month. I told my friends and family but no one believed me but I knew it was him stalking me like that. Men aren't always the brightest !! LOL Anyway we started e-mailing each other and talking on the phone and then he came to visit me and things just moved so fast. It was weird. Here I was staring my high school sweet heart in the face and I didn't know how I felt about it. Needless to say we just weren't ready to give each other that full time commitment so it fizzled.


Time flies when you are trying to figure out life and what's next and before you knew it another 4 years passed before we saw each other again. We would drop an e-mail & a phone call here and there to touch base. We really worked on rebuilding our friendship. We both compared crazy dating stories and just talked about life. I felt as well as he it was time to see each other again so I asked him to be my date to my sisters wedding. This time it's a wrap ! We are grown adults and we really mesh well together and for some reason the stars continue to align for us to make our way back into each others lives ! Needless to say my high school sweet heart is my current boyfriend ! We are giving each other another chance now that we are adults and I must saying I am loving it !

No comments:

Post a Comment